M. Blake Hale was born in 1981 and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana, and is proud to call Lake Charles his home.
Blake attended Saint Louis Catholic High School and graduated in 1999 with Honors. While at Saint Louis, Blake was a 3-year member of the Varsity Soccer Team and helped the team win two (2) State Championships.
After high school, Blake attended McNeese State University where he majored in Business and earned his degree 2003 with magma cum laude Honors. While at McNeese, Blake was a member and an Officer for Kappa Sigma Fraternity.
Next, Blake applied for and was granted admission to LSU's Paul M. Hebert School of Law in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. While at LSU Law, Blake was on the Chancellor's List and received the CALI award for excellence in the study of Contract Law.
Blake earned his degree for both Bachelor of Civil Law and Juris Doctor in 2006 and took and passed the Bar Exam after graduation. He then moved back home to Lake Charles, Louisiana, to practice law with Steven W. Hale & Associates, Inc.
Blake has been providing legal services in Lake Charles and the surrounding area since 2006 and finds great satisfaction in meeting residents of Imperial Calcasieu and being able to assist them with their legal needs.
Blake maintains a balanced practice between criminal defense, family law, and personal injury litigation.
Blake is a member of the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, and Southwest Louisiana Bar Association. Blake is an avid LSU Tiger Sports Fan and New Orleans Saints football fan and enjoys spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 50%
- - Casino Marker Cases
- - DWI 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th offenses
- - Drug Possession and/or Distribution (Misdemeanor & Felony)
- - Traffic Tickets (both CDL and non-CDL)
- - Misdemeanors
- - Select violent felonies
- Personal Injury 25%
- - Car Accidents (no case too big or too small)
- - 18-wheeler Accidents
- Domestic/Family Law 25%
- - Divorce
- - Child custody
- - Child support
- - Spousal support
- - Community property
- Louisiana, 2006
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- McNeese State University, Lake, Charles, Louisiana
- B.S. - 2003
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Business Management
- Professor Business Law, McNeese State University, 2007 to Present
Honors and Awards
- CALI Award - given to one (1) law school student based on the top scored-exam while at Paul M. Hebert, LSU Law Center, in both areas of: (1) Contracts; and (2) Legal Writing
- Awarded unsolicited scholarships for being ranked in the top 10% of the entire student body for my Class, made-up of approximately 300 students
Professional Associations and Memberships
- LA Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Southwest LA Bar Association, Member, 2006 to Present
- Kappa Sigma