Steven W. Hale
- Managing Partner
Steven W. Hale was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana in 1953. He was raised in Memphis, Tennessee and Little Rock, Arkansas before moving to Lake Charles, Louisiana. He considers Lake Charles his home.
He attended Landry Memorial High School and was Class President of the first graduating class of St. Louis High School in 1971. Whereupon he attended Louisiana State University as an undergraduate before being accepted to attend Louisiana State University Law School as an early admissions candidate after three years of undergraduate course work. He graduated from Louisiana State Law School in 1977 at the age of 24. He was selected and participated on the Louisiana State University Law School Moot Court Board and graduated in the top of his class.
Seeking employment after graduation he began his career as a law clerk for the Judges of the 14th Judicial District Court in Lake Charles. He had the privilege of working with Judge Henry Yelverton, Judge Warren Hood, Judge William Swift, Judge L.E. Hawsey, and Judge Cecil Cutrer.
He was asked by the District Attorney of Calcasieu Parish, Frank T. Salter, Jr. to work as an Assistant District Attorney prosecuting criminal cases. As an assistant district attorney he successfully prosecuted felony and misdemeanor charges. He argued cases before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the Louisiana Supreme Court.
He decided to devote his talent and time to the private law firm of Salter, Streete and Hale. For over 20 years he represented people from all walks of life who were wrongfully injured through the negligence of others.
In the year 2000 he moved to his current location to fight for and protect families who were injured. His practice focuses on serious personal injury, disability, and related family matters.
He continues to handle select criminal matters.
He particularly enjoys working on truck and automobile accidents, offshore and Jones Act accidents, industrial workplace safety issues and premises liability.
He has successfully handled thousands of personal injury claims.
He was awarded the highest peer review rating of "AV" from Martindale-Hubbell for 2004-present.
He was selected as a Louisiana Super Lawyer in 2007, 2008 and 2014. In 2012, he was named to the Top Personal Injury Attorneys in Acadiana.
He is admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Louisiana.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury, Auto, Truck, Premise, Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Business Law
- Social Security Disability
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Law, 1995 - Present, Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana, 1977
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1977
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Honors: Early Admission to Law School
- Working Men and Women
- Refinery Workers
- Jones Act Seaman
- Maritime Industry Workers
Honors and Awards
- Top Attorney in Acadiana in the fields of Admiralty and Maritime Law and Family Law
- Louisiana Super Lawyer, 2007-2008, 2014
- Top Personal Injury Attorney in Acadiana
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association, 1977
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, 1978 to Present
- Louisiana Association of Wholesalers
Past Employment Positions
- 14th Judicial District Court, Law Clerk, 1978
- Calcasieu Parish, Assistant District Attorney, 1979
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Legal Services, Present
- Public Defender Attorney, 1979 to 1999
- Public Criminal Defender Board of Directors, 1979-1999
- Court Appointed Advocate for Children
- Louisiana State Bar Test Examiner by Appointment of Louisiana Supreme Court for Louisiana Code of Civil Procedure
- Served on Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Ethics Committee
- Served on Louisiana Family Law Certification Board by Appointment of Louisiana Supreme Court
- President, Lee Dee Wholesale Distributing Co., Inc. and Hale Wholesale Distributing Co., Inc.
- E.Z. Aces Gaming, Inc.
- Real Estate Holdings Manager
- Hale’s Hog Heaven